Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula

I am making a chart for children and they get a certian amount of money for
each smiley face they get. I want to know how to make a smiley face equal a
certian amount of money so it is easy to add up at the end of the row. if you
dont understand what I am asking please let me know because I would like an
answer asap. Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

=TEXT(COUNTIF(A2:F2,"J")*0.25,"$0.00")

The upper case J in Wingding font is the smiley face.........
The 0.25 represents 25 cents per smily face......
The A2:F2 is the assemed range of your cells.........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"bigstar326" wrote:

I am making a chart for children and they get a certian amount of money for
each smiley face they get. I want to know how to make a smiley face equal a
certian amount of money so it is easy to add up at the end of the row. if you
dont understand what I am asking please let me know because I would like an
answer asap. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks for the feedback.........

Yes, it should work for any character, any font.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"bigstar326" wrote:

I am making a chart for children and they get a certian amount of money for
each smiley face they get. I want to know how to make a smiley face equal a
certian amount of money so it is easy to add up at the end of the row. if you
dont understand what I am asking please let me know because I would like an
answer asap. Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

=TEXT(COUNTIF(A2:F2,"Chuck")*0.25,"$0.00")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3