Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VACCRUED VACATION / DISPLAYED

I AM TRYING TO DISPLAY THE CURRENT MONTH OF ACCRUED VACATION.

EXAMPLE:

ACCRUED VACATION TIME
01/01/08 02/01/08 21.32
02/01/08 03/01/08 22.15
03/01/08 04/01/08 22.98
04/01/08 05/01/08 23.82
05/01/08 06/01/08 24.65
i HAVE CREATED A SUMMARY TAB WICH SHOULD DISPLAY THE CURRENT ACCRUED
VACATION TIME FOR A SPECIFIC EMPLOYEE.

I'M LOOKING FOR A FORMULA TO USE. THAT WILL ALWAYS DISPLAY THE ACCRUED
VACATION TIME IN REFERENCE TO TOAYS DATE.

SHOULD I USE AN =IF STATEMENT.
EXAMPLE:

=IF(C33)TODAY()
THIS IS AS FAR AS i AM GETTING AT THE MOMENT.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand what you are trying to do, but if you post back
with some further explanation please make use of the CAPS LOCK to
avoid typing only in upper case - it is difficult to read and
considered to be the equivalent of shouting (i.e. rude).

Pete

On Feb 4, 5:59*pm, HELP ME!!! <HELP
wrote:
I AM TRYING TO DISPLAY THE CURRENT MONTH OF ACCRUED VACATION.

EXAMPLE:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ACCRUED VACATION TIME
01/01/08 * * * *02/01/08 * * *21.32
02/01/08 * * * *03/01/08 * * *22.15
03/01/08 * * * *04/01/08 * * *22.98
04/01/08 * * * *05/01/08 * * *23.82
05/01/08 * * * *06/01/08 * * *24.65
i HAVE CREATED A SUMMARY TAB WICH SHOULD DISPLAY THE CURRENT ACCRUED
VACATION TIME FOR A SPECIFIC EMPLOYEE.

I'M LOOKING FOR A FORMULA TO USE. THAT WILL ALWAYS DISPLAY THE ACCRUED
VACATION TIME IN REFERENCE TO TOAYS DATE.

SHOULD I USE AN =IF STATEMENT.
EXAMPLE:

=IF(C33)TODAY()
THIS IS AS FAR AS i AM GETTING AT THE MOMENT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

To calculate the total accrued vacation from one date to another:

=((EndDate-StartDate)*AccuralPerDay)-AnyUsedVacation

To calculate the total accrued vacation from a point in history to today:

=((today()-StartDate)*AccuralPerDay)=AnyUsedVacation

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"HELP ME!!!" wrote:

I AM TRYING TO DISPLAY THE CURRENT MONTH OF ACCRUED VACATION.

EXAMPLE:

ACCRUED VACATION TIME
01/01/08 02/01/08 21.32
02/01/08 03/01/08 22.15
03/01/08 04/01/08 22.98
04/01/08 05/01/08 23.82
05/01/08 06/01/08 24.65
i HAVE CREATED A SUMMARY TAB WICH SHOULD DISPLAY THE CURRENT ACCRUED
VACATION TIME FOR A SPECIFIC EMPLOYEE.

I'M LOOKING FOR A FORMULA TO USE. THAT WILL ALWAYS DISPLAY THE ACCRUED
VACATION TIME IN REFERENCE TO TOAYS DATE.

SHOULD I USE AN =IF STATEMENT.
EXAMPLE:

=IF(C33)TODAY()
THIS IS AS FAR AS i AM GETTING AT THE MOMENT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please do not enter your messages in capitals. It is considered to be
yelling. Also it makes your message difficult to read. Assuming your start
dates are in A1:A5, your end dates are in B1:B5 and your hours are in C1:C5
then use this: =SUMPRODUCT((TODAY()=B1:B5)*C1:C5)

Tyro

"HELP ME!!!" <HELP wrote in message
I AM TRYING TO DISPLAY THE CURRENT MONTH OF ACCRUED VACATION.

EXAMPLE:

ACCRUED VACATION TIME
01/01/08 02/01/08 21.32
02/01/08 03/01/08 22.15
03/01/08 04/01/08 22.98
04/01/08 05/01/08 23.82
05/01/08 06/01/08 24.65
i HAVE CREATED A SUMMARY TAB WICH SHOULD DISPLAY THE CURRENT ACCRUED
VACATION TIME FOR A SPECIFIC EMPLOYEE.

I'M LOOKING FOR A FORMULA TO USE. THAT WILL ALWAYS DISPLAY THE ACCRUED
VACATION TIME IN REFERENCE TO TOAYS DATE.

SHOULD I USE AN =IF STATEMENT.
EXAMPLE:

=IF(C33)TODAY()
THIS IS AS FAR AS i AM GETTING AT THE MOMENT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry for the yelling ;o).

ACCRUED VACATION TIME
01/01/08 02/01/08 21.32
02/01/08 03/01/08 22.15
03/01/08 04/01/08 22.98
04/01/08 05/01/08 23.82
05/01/08 06/01/08 24.65

Since todays date is 02/04/08 the value that will be display in my summary
sheet will be 22.15 of accrued vacation.
But if todays date was to be 03/02/08 the 22.98 accrued value would be
displayed. I'm not looking for exact accrued vacation time but an on going
month to month total of how much vacation time employees are accruing on a
month - month basic.

Let me know if this is enough info.

Thanks for the help.

wrote:
I AM TRYING TO DISPLAY THE CURRENT MONTH OF ACCRUED VACATION.

EXAMPLE:

ACCRUED VACATION TIME
01/01/08 02/01/08 21.32
02/01/08 03/01/08 22.15
03/01/08 04/01/08 22.98
04/01/08 05/01/08 23.82
05/01/08 06/01/08 24.65
i HAVE CREATED A SUMMARY TAB WICH SHOULD DISPLAY THE CURRENT ACCRUED
VACATION TIME FOR A SPECIFIC EMPLOYEE.

I'M LOOKING FOR A FORMULA TO USE. THAT WILL ALWAYS DISPLAY THE ACCRUED
VACATION TIME IN REFERENCE TO TOAYS DATE.

SHOULD I USE AN =IF STATEMENT.
EXAMPLE:

=IF(C33)TODAY()
THIS IS AS FAR AS i AM GETTING AT THE MOMENT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now that you have explained what you really need. Assuming your start
dates are in A1:A5, your end dates are in B1:B5 and your hours are in C1:C5
then use this: =VLOOKUP(TODAY(),A1:C5,3)

Tyro

"HELP ME!!!" <HELP wrote in message
I AM TRYING TO DISPLAY THE CURRENT MONTH OF ACCRUED VACATION.

EXAMPLE:

ACCRUED VACATION TIME
01/01/08 02/01/08 21.32
02/01/08 03/01/08 22.15
03/01/08 04/01/08 22.98
04/01/08 05/01/08 23.82
05/01/08 06/01/08 24.65
i HAVE CREATED A SUMMARY TAB WICH SHOULD DISPLAY THE CURRENT ACCRUED
VACATION TIME FOR A SPECIFIC EMPLOYEE.

I'M LOOKING FOR A FORMULA TO USE. THAT WILL ALWAYS DISPLAY THE ACCRUED
VACATION TIME IN REFERENCE TO TOAYS DATE.

SHOULD I USE AN =IF STATEMENT.
EXAMPLE:

=IF(C33)TODAY()
THIS IS AS FAR AS i AM GETTING AT THE MOMENT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried this but no luck.

EXAMPLE:

start mo. end of month ACCRUED VACATION TIME in days
01/01/08 02/01/08 21.32
02/01/08 03/01/08 22.15
03/01/08 04/01/08 22.98
04/01/08 05/01/08 23.82
05/01/08 06/01/08 24.65

If todays date was 03/02/08 then excel would just display 22.98
If todays date was 04/02/08 then excel would just display 23.82
No other calculation needed. I have already calculated whats needed.
I just want excel to automatically use todays date to determine what value
will be displayed in a given cell.

"Tyro" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where is the three coming from???

It looks like we're on the right track but excel isn't recognizing this
formula. I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong.

"Tyro" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The 3 means column 3 - in this case columnn C. Did you enter the formula as
=VLOOKUP(TODAY(),A1:C5,3) ?
That formula says lookup today's date in column A for an exact match or for
the largest date that is less than today's date and return the corresponding
value from
column C. So, if today's date is 2/4/2008, the formula would return 22.15

Tyro

"Tyro" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the cell where you put the formula formatted as text? If so, format the
cell as general, select the cell, press F2 and press Enter. Are you in
manual calculation mode? If so change to automatic. I tested the formula and
it works fine.

Tyro

"HELP ME!!!" wrote in message
Yes, I typed it exactly but nothing happens???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know what version of Excel you're using. Prior to Excel 2007,
Tools/Options From there, you'll have to look for it. But I have Excel 2007
where it's Office Button - Excel Options - Formulas - Workbook calculation.
You can press Shift+F9 to force recalculation of the active worksheet.

Tyro