-   -   Another Question!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175490-another-question.html)

Tricia LeAnn[_2_]

Another Question!!

I'm also typing in 3/4 and it is automatically changing to Mar 4... HELP?!?
--
Have a fantastic day!

Tricia LeAnn

Chip Pearson

Another Question!!

You can format the cell as Text before entering in any data. This will
prevent Excel from changing what looks like a date to a date. If you enter
=3/4 you'll get 0.75 in the cell.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tricia LeAnn" wrote in message
I'm also typing in 3/4 and it is automatically changing to Mar 4...
HELP?!?
--
Have a fantastic day!

Tricia LeAnn

Tyro[_2_]

Another Question!!

Excel interprets 3/4 as 3/4/2008. If you want a fraction you must enter: 0
3/4

Tyro
"Tricia LeAnn" wrote in message
I'm also typing in 3/4 and it is automatically changing to Mar 4...
HELP?!?
--
Have a fantastic day!

Tricia LeAnn

Mike H

Another Question!!

You can format the cell as Fraction before typing 3/4