Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What icon in Excel 2007 does the pattern shading?

I do a lot of shading (Home Font Fill Pattern Style) and I can not
determine what icon it is in this new version. Any help would be
appreciated? Also, is there a list of icons that can be determined by
entering where it is located, i.e. see above for shading? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for responding but maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I
understand how to get the cell shaded with a pattern, I would like to know
what the icon is called or look like. For instance the "open an exisiting
file" icon is the pic of the file folder opened with a little arrow above it.
I am looking for the "1 click" icon for doing the pattern shading (cell has
background of shaded dots). Thanks again, John

"Tyro" wrote:

Home/Font section,select the dialog launcher. Or simply Ctrl+1. This brings
up Format Cells. Select the fill tab and go from there.

Tyro

"John Nettles" <John wrote in message
I do a lot of shading (Home Font Fill Pattern Style) and I can not
determine what icon it is in this new version. Any help would be
appreciated? Also, is there a list of icons that can be determined by
entering where it is located, i.e. see above for shading? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I appreciate you responding but while know and understand that control 1 is a
mini-shortcut to the format cells overall box, I am looking for the icon that
is one step, i.e. like the "comma" symbol on the little icon/toolbar command
that makes the numer in the cell a "1,2345.67" format versus a 12345.67"
format a 1-step process. The older version of Excel had the icon/toolbar
command for giving a user-defined default cell pattern background but I can
not find it on the 2007 version. Thanks again.

"Tyro" wrote:

Home/Font section,select the dialog launcher. Or simply Ctrl+1. This
brings
up Format Cells. Select the fill tab and go from there.

Tyro

"John Nettles" <John wrote in message
I do a lot of shading (Home Font Fill Pattern Style) and I can not
determine what icon it is in this new version. Any help would be
appreciated? Also, is there a list of icons that can be determined by
entering where it is located, i.e. see above for shading? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the office button (the Orb in the top left corner)
click on the Excel Options button
Click on the Customize option on the left hand side

You can modify the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) here.

There's a Comma Style under All Commands.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This sounds like a custom button, added to the boxed version of Excel.
You'll have to similarly modify Excel 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions