Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default Color in MS 2003 Excel Tabs

How do I change the default color for display of sheet tabs? I know how to
change the color when the workbook is open; I want to have the default color
changed so I don't have to change it every time I open a new workbook.

Thanks
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will have to change the default New workbook.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew or
CTRL + n

If you want the Excel default workbook go to FileNew...Blank Workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:13:01 -0800, billbrandi
wrote:

How do I change the default color for display of sheet tabs? I know how to
change the color when the workbook is open; I want to have the default color
changed so I don't have to change it every time I open a new workbook.

Thanks
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can create a new workbook with all the settings you like.

Name it book.xlt and store it in your XLStart folder, then excel will use this
template file whenever you click on the new icon on the standard toolbar.

You can also create a file named sheet.xlt that will be used as a template
whenever you insert a new worksheet into an existing workbook.

--

Dave Peterson