Bamff

Default Inserting a hyperlink with "Data Filter" on, in Excel

I'm trying to insert a hyperlink into one of the cells but it's not letting
me. When I right click on the cell, the hyperlink option is greyed out and
when I use the formula =hyperlink() it only inserts the text. I have a
Data/Filter on, is that what's stopping me?
Dave Peterson

I don't think so.

I could insert a hyperlink in a filtered range via Insert|Hyperlink and
=hyperlink().

Any chance that the worksheet is protected?
Any chance that the worksheet is grouped with another worksheet -- look for
[Group] in the title bar?
Any chance that the workbook is shared -- look for [Shared] in the title bar?

Do you mean that you see the formula when you use =hyperlink()?

If yes, make sure that that cell is formatted as General--not text.

--

Dave Peterson
Bamff

Yes the Workbook is shared, and yes the cells are set for general and not
text. Is it because the workbook is shared? It's set so that other people can
work in the same file at the same time.

Bamff wrote:

I'm trying to insert a hyperlink into one of the cells but it's not letting
me. When I right click on the cell, the hyperlink option is greyed out and
when I use the formula =hyperlink() it only inserts the text. I have a
Data/Filter on, is that what's stopping me?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

If you look in Excel's help for "Features that are unavailable in shared
workbooks", you'll see a big old list.

One of the items is:
Insert or change hyperlinks