Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy cells from one file to another file

Hello
I wanted to copy all cells from one file to another file. This will allow
me to:
if I make changes in the first file, it will reflect the other file (ie all
number will change to match the first file).
I used "=" sign to copy from one cell in file 1 to file 2. But because this
worksheet have to many cells, it is too much work to be done.
I hope I was clear in explaining my question.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells in the first file and copy them. Go to the second workbook
and Paste Paste Link.

If you now want to carry the format over, select and copy the cells in the
first workbook again. Go to the second workbook and Paste Paste Special
Paste Formats.

Laura Cook

"John" wrote in message
Hello
I wanted to copy all cells from one file to another file. This will allow
me to:
if I make changes in the first file, it will reflect the other file (ie
all
number will change to match the first file).
I used "=" sign to copy from one cell in file 1 to file 2. But because
this
worksheet have to many cells, it is too much work to be done.
I hope I was clear in explaining my question.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

If the cells are contiguious, make sure the formula doesn't have dollar signs
in it..then just click on the flack square in the lower right hand corner of
the cell and drag it...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"John" wrote:

Hello
I wanted to copy all cells from one file to another file. This will allow
me to:
if I make changes in the first file, it will reflect the other file (ie all
number will change to match the first file).
I used "=" sign to copy from one cell in file 1 to file 2. But because this
worksheet have to many cells, it is too much work to be done.
I hope I was clear in explaining my question.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much Laura. I kept trying the special paste, then I noted
that Paste icon have an arrow down to paste the link.
I really appreciated your help