Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional text colors

I am using a spreadsheet to enter a letter (B, P, or S) followed by a date.
The B,P, or S stand for Backlog, Posted, or Sent. I would like to set up a
conditional formula to test for the leading letter to be "B". If the leading
letter is "B", I would like to have the spreadsheet automatically change the
text in that cell to RED. If the text changes to any other letter, I would
like the text to change back to BLACK. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells you want to format and then click FORMAT in the menu and
select CONDITIONAL FORMAT. Under CONDITION 1 change CELL IS to FORMULA IS
and in the formula field to the right enter the following formula, changing
cell A1 to the first cell in your selection range:

=LEFT(A1,1)="B"

Click the FORMAT command button, if necessary click the FONT tab, drop down
the color selections in the COLOR combo box and select the color of your
choice.

Click OK twice to return to the worksheet.

--
Kevin Backmann