Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting €“ Due Date, Warning - Completion

I have a start date in column A
I have a due date (30 day) in column G
I have a blank completion date for column G in Column H
I have a due date (60 day) in column I
I have a blank completion date for column I in Column J

For the sake of conversation we will concern ourselves with Columns A, G and
H. I will enter the start date into Column A. I would like to have Column G
reflect the due date I believe I will enter the formula [=A1+30] into Column
G.

I would like the format color to change as I get closer to the due date:
-7 Yellow
-3 Red

When I enter a competition date into Column H, I would like the color of
Column G to return to no color.

Your help will be much appreciated./Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 1, 3:52*pm, TJehn wrote:
I have a start date in column A
I have a due date (30 day) in column G
I have a blank completion date for column G in Column H
I have a due date (60 day) in column I
I have a blank completion date for column I in Column J

For the sake of conversation we will concern ourselves with Columns A, G and
H. *I will enter the start date into Column A. *I would like to have Column G
reflect the due date *I believe I will enter the formula [=A1+30] into Column
G.

I would like the format color to change as I get closer to the due date:
-7 * * *Yellow
-3 * * *Red

When I enter a competition date into Column H, I would like the color of
Column G to return to no color.

Your help will be much appreciated./Thanks!

Select cell of column G, first data column (let's say G2)
then you go to Format -- Conditional Format...
Then you "Formula" =and(H2="",G2-Now()<3)
you format this condition in Red
Then you add another and put in:
"Formula" =and(H2="",G2-Now()<7)
and format it yellow.

hth

Carlo

PS: didn't test it...hope the logic is correct!