Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you hide the value of a cell until data is keyed into anoth

I have a very elaborate spreadsheet that is used by most of the people in my
office. I have three columns that contain formulas that calculate 30, 60 &
120 days from the date keyed into a specific column (ie: =bk2+30). Before a
date is entered into [bk2] the date that is displayed is a standard date
1/30/00. I know that you can hide anything that has a zero in that column,
but how do you hide that date until an actual date is keyed into [bk2]? Is
that even possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you hide the value of a cell until data is keyed into a

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)

akemeny wrote:

I have a very elaborate spreadsheet that is used by most of the people in my
office. I have three columns that contain formulas that calculate 30, 60 &
120 days from the date keyed into a specific column (ie: =bk2+30). Before a
date is entered into [bk2] the date that is displayed is a standard date
1/30/00. I know that you can hide anything that has a zero in that column,
but how do you hide that date until an actual date is keyed into [bk2]? Is
that even possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This means that you put a formula in the other cell--but it evaluates to what
looks like an empty cell until you put something in BK2.

akemeny wrote:

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok... I get it now. Thanks a bunch!!

akemeny wrote:

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)

akemeny wrote:

I have a very elaborate spreadsheet that is used by most of the people in my
office. I have three columns that contain formulas that calculate 30, 60 &
120 days from the date keyed into a specific column (ie: =bk2+30). Before a
date is entered into [bk2] the date that is displayed is a standard date
1/30/00. I know that you can hide anything that has a zero in that column,
but how do you hide that date until an actual date is keyed into [bk2]? Is
that even possible?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One more Question.....

How would I word that if I wanted to do more than one column. IE:
BK2+BL2+120

akemeny wrote:

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)

akemeny wrote:

I have a very elaborate spreadsheet that is used by most of the people in my
office. I have three columns that contain formulas that calculate 30, 60 &
120 days from the date keyed into a specific column (ie: =bk2+30). Before a
date is entered into [bk2] the date that is displayed is a standard date
1/30/00. I know that you can hide anything that has a zero in that column,
but how do you hide that date until an actual date is keyed into [bk2]? Is
that even possible?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If(OR(BK2="",BL2=""),"",BK2+BL2+120)

akemeny wrote:

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)

akemeny wrote:

I have a very elaborate spreadsheet that is used by most of the people in my
office. I have three columns that contain formulas that calculate 30, 60 &
120 days from the date keyed into a specific column (ie: =bk2+30). Before a
date is entered into [bk2] the date that is displayed is a standard date
1/30/00. I know that you can hide anything that has a zero in that column,
but how do you hide that date until an actual date is keyed into [bk2]? Is
that even possible?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way:

=if(count(bk2:bl2)<2,"",sum(bk2:bl2,120))

(Just to be a little different.)

akemeny wrote:

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)

akemeny wrote:

I have a very elaborate spreadsheet that is used by most of the people in my
office. I have three columns that contain formulas that calculate 30, 60 &
120 days from the date keyed into a specific column (ie: =bk2+30). Before a
date is entered into [bk2] the date that is displayed is a standard date
1/30/00. I know that you can hide anything that has a zero in that column,
but how do you hide that date until an actual date is keyed into [bk2]? Is
that even possible?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This post helped me TREMENDOUSLY. However, I have another variation:

so I'm using the formula =IF(B10="","",B10+14) and that works good.
But to really be accurate with my dates, I need to calculate a date that's
10 business days in the future using the WORKDAY function, AND how to make
that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a value is entered. Can you
help?

"Bob I" wrote:

If(OR(BK2="",BL2=""),"",BK2+BL2+120)

akemeny wrote:

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)

akemeny wrote:

I have a very elaborate spreadsheet that is used by most of the people in my
office. I have three columns that contain formulas that calculate 30, 60 &
120 days from the date keyed into a specific column (ie: =bk2+30). Before a
date is entered into [bk2] the date that is displayed is a standard date
1/30/00. I know that you can hide anything that has a zero in that column,
but how do you hide that date until an actual date is keyed into [bk2]? Is
that even possible?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=IF(B10="","",WORKDAY(B10,10))

Format the cell as Date.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cashnic" wrote in message
This post helped me TREMENDOUSLY. However, I have another variation:

so I'm using the formula =IF(B10="","",B10+14) and that works good.
But to really be accurate with my dates, I need to calculate a date that's
10 business days in the future using the WORKDAY function, AND how to make
that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a value is entered. Can
you
help?

"Bob I" wrote:

If(OR(BK2="",BL2=""),"",BK2+BL2+120)

akemeny wrote:

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the
formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my spreadsheet
until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)

akemeny wrote:

I have a very elaborate spreadsheet that is used by most of the
people in my
office. I have three columns that contain formulas that calculate
30, 60 &
120 days from the date keyed into a specific column (ie: =bk2+30).
Before a
date is entered into [bk2] the date that is displayed is a standard
date
1/30/00. I know that you can hide anything that has a zero in that
column,
but how do you hide that date until an actual date is keyed into
[bk2]? Is
that even possible?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

works perfectly, thank you!!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(B10="","",WORKDAY(B10,10))

Format the cell as Date.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cashnic" wrote in message
This post helped me TREMENDOUSLY. However, I have another variation:

so I'm using the formula =IF(B10="","",B10+14) and that works good.
But to really be accurate with my dates, I need to calculate a date that's
10 business days in the future using the WORKDAY function, AND how to make
that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a value is entered. Can
you
help?

"Bob I" wrote:

If(OR(BK2="",BL2=""),"",BK2+BL2+120)

akemeny wrote:

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the
formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my spreadsheet
until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)

akemeny wrote:

I have a very elaborate spreadsheet that is used by most of the
people in my
office. I have three columns that contain formulas that calculate
30, 60 &
120 days from the date keyed into a specific column (ie: =bk2+30).
Before a
date is entered into [bk2] the date that is displayed is a standard
date
1/30/00. I know that you can hide anything that has a zero in that
column,
but how do you hide that date until an actual date is keyed into
[bk2]? Is
that even possible?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cashnic" wrote in message
works perfectly, thank you!!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(B10="","",WORKDAY(B10,10))

Format the cell as Date.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cashnic" wrote in message
This post helped me TREMENDOUSLY. However, I have another variation:

so I'm using the formula =IF(B10="","",B10+14) and that works good.
But to really be accurate with my dates, I need to calculate a date
that's
10 business days in the future using the WORKDAY function, AND how to
make
that formula not appear on my spreadsheet until a value is entered.
Can
you
help?

"Bob I" wrote:

If(OR(BK2="",BL2=""),"",BK2+BL2+120)

akemeny wrote:

I truely have no idea what that means. I know how to create the
formula, but
I need to know how to make that formula not appear on my
spreadsheet
until a
value is entered into (what I'm calling) BK2.

"Bob I" wrote:

If(BK2="","",BK2+30)