-   -   Using a template form, advance a form number everytime you open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175088-using-template-form-advance-form-number-everytime-you-open.html)

ShoDan

Using a template form, advance a form number everytime you open

How could I set up a spreadsheet that will show one cell with a changing
number every time the spreadsheet is opened? I am attempting to make an
invoice that will show an advancing number everytime I start a new one. I
would save the form as a template. Once I save the form I don't want it to
change again, it should remain the same.

Example: 0012345
0012346
0012347
Thanks in advance
John

FSt1

Using a template form, advance a form number everytime you open

hi
an often repeated request.
see this site....
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html