-   -   How to merge two chart types in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/175060-how-merge-two-chart-types-excel-2007-a.html)

Justin

How to merge two chart types in Excel 2007

I have created a column chart and now I want to plot an x-y scatter chart on
top of it, but I do not know how to have both of those plot styles in one
chart.

Jon Peltier

How to merge two chart types in Excel 2007

Add the data for the second series. I like to copy the range, select the
chart, and use Paste Special to add the data as a new series. Right click
the new series, which was added as a column type, select the Chart Type item
from the pop up menu, and in the dialog, select the chart type you want to
change the series to.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Justin" wrote in message
I have created a column chart and now I want to plot an x-y scatter chart
on
top of it, but I do not know how to have both of those plot styles in one
chart.

Justin

How to merge two chart types in Excel 2007

Thanks, that was very helpful!