Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default paste special

Hi,
I have a column of data with 4 blanks cells between each data. I just want
to copy the data without any blank betwee.
I did a paste special and I choose skip the blank but it doesnt work
thanks
Ade
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Give this a try... Select the range. Hit F5 (or Ctrl+G or Edit - goto).
Select Constants or Formulas (depending on the nature of what you are
copying). Only the populated cells should now be selected (assuming you do
not have formulas returning blanks). Hit Ctrl+C to copy and then paste the
cells in thir destination.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"adeline" wrote:

Hi,
I have a column of data with 4 blanks cells between each data. I just want
to copy the data without any blank betwee.
I did a paste special and I choose skip the blank but it doesnt work
thanks
Ade

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Skip Blanks only prevents copied blank cells from overwriting existing data.

Not meant for deleting the blank cells when copying.

See Jim's reply for workarounds.

Why do you have the blank cells in the first place?

Maybe you could get rid of them at source?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP