Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What happened to my Quick Access Toolbar

I upgraded to Office 2007 a few months ago & used the Quick Access Toolbar to
overcome some of the pain of transition. The company Windows 2000 Server has
now been replaced by a Windows Server 2003 & my Quick Access Toolbar has been
reset to the default.

Can anyone tell me how to find my old Toolbar, or tell me where to find the
command that allows me to post a spreadsheet to an Outlook folder. Ive looked
thru every command & can't find it again, & that was the only way I found of
saving an actual spreadsheet (not a shortcut) in an Outlook folder.

I'm using XP Pro, SP2 on my desktop PC.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The QAT settings are saved here with Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\Excel.qat

I don't know why the change in Server would blow away this file but if it's
gone it's probably gone I'm afraid. Once you get your QAT restored to the
way you like it be sure to back up this file for future restores. And
reback it up every time you change the QAT.

No idea about the Outlook button.

--
Jim
"alexd" wrote in message
|I upgraded to Office 2007 a few months ago & used the Quick Access Toolbar
| overcome some of the pain of transition. The company Windows 2000 Server
has
| now been replaced by a Windows Server 2003 & my Quick Access Toolbar has
been
| reset to the default.
|
| Can anyone tell me how to find my old Toolbar, or tell me where to find
the
| command that allows me to post a spreadsheet to an Outlook folder. Ive
looked
| thru every command & can't find it again, & that was the only way I found
of
| saving an actual spreadsheet (not a shortcut) in an Outlook folder.
|
| I'm using XP Pro, SP2 on my desktop PC.
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many thanks Jim.

Now that I've got my QAT back, the icon I was looking for is "Send to
Exchange folder" (& now, of course, I don't know why I couldn't see it in the
list of available commands)

Thanks again