Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VLOOKUP problem

I am using this formula =VLOOKUP(C2,UserStatus!A$2:B$492,2,FALSE) to look up
a 7 digit text value in another worksheet within the same workbook. In this
example the value in C2 exists in worksheet UserStatus in column A which is
sorted. I would like to return the value in column B. I have used the VLOOKUP
in other workbooks but can't figure this out. Both C2 and column A in
UserStatus are formatted as text. I checked the length usiing LEN and both
are the same. I'm sure it's something simple. Maybe I'm asleep at the wheel
this morning. Can someone help?
Thanks,
Joe M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, changing the format of a cell won't change the value in the cell--it
won't change numeric 123 from a real number to text. You have to do something
more.

I'd review the notes for troubleshooting =vlookup() formulas from Debra
Dalgleish:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

--

Dave Peterson