Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting weekend shifts in a sheet

Hi team

I have a roster (they call it a rota here in the UK)

Row A: days along the top, monday to sunday for 28 days.

Row B,C,D staff members & their shifts along each row

How can I count at the end of each row how many saturday/sunday shifts
the staff member has done?
Is Dcounta the way to go?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have something like "Y" to indicate a member of staff allocated
to a particular shift?

If so, try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((B2:AC2="Y")*(WEEKDAY(B$1:AC$1,2)5))

You seem to be a bit confused about rows and columns, but I think this
is what you have - I've assumed a name in column A, and dates in row
1. Copy the formula down for as many staff as you have.

Hope this helps.

Pete