Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy a cell from multiple worksheet

I cannot figure out if this is possible or not.

I have a workbook with 51 worksheets in it. The first sheet is a Total
sheet and is supposed to show a summary of each of the other 50 worksheets.
So I need to figure out how to get cell A5 from Sheet2 to show up on the
Total sheet, then in the next row I need cell A5 from Sheet3, below that cell
A5 from Sheet4, etc for all 50 worksheets.
I set the first one to "=Sheet1!$A$5" and then tried to copy it hoping it
would copy to read "=Sheet2!$A$5" but it copies as "=Sheet1!$A$5".
Any ideas on how to set it up so that I can copy the formula and have it
change the sheet name without manually typing them all in or clicking on a
box in each sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this somewhere in the Total sheet and copy down:

=INDIRECT("Sheet" & ROWS($A$1:A1) & "!A5")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766