Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Doubt

I want to adjust the Row & Column width in the form of Centimeters.

How can do this One? I could not find anywhere that option.

Plz.. Give me the solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Search Excel Help for something like "width in inches" and you will get this
information (from Excel 2003 Help) ... sorry...
---------------------
Unlike Microsoft Word, Excel does not provide a horizontal or vertical
ruler, and there is no quick way to measure the width or height of a
worksheet in inches. Excel uses characters, points, and pixels as units of
measurement.

The width of cells is displayed in characters and pixels rather than in
inches. When you drag the boundary of a column heading to adjust the width of
a column on the worksheet, a ScreenTip displays the width in characters and
shows pixels in parentheses.
The height of cells is displayed in points and pixels rather than in inches.
When you drag the boundary of a row heading to adjust the height of a row on
the worksheet, a ScreenTip displays the height in points and shows pixels in
parentheses.
An approximate conversion of points and pixels to inches is shown in the
following table.

Points Pixels Inches
18 24 .25
36 48 .5
72 96 1
108 144 1.5
144 192 2

"Vasu" wrote:

I want to adjust the Row & Column width in the form of Centimeters.

How can do this One? I could not find anywhere that option.

Plz.. Give me the solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After reading the info Jerry posted for you, if you still need/want your sizes
in cm or mm have a look at Ole's site.

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in
mm(25.4mm/inch) for a more finite fit....................

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:02:29 GMT, "Vasu" <u40996@uwe wrote:

I want to adjust the Row & Column width in the form of Centimeters.

How can do this One? I could not find anywhere that option.

Plz.. Give me the solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And after reading yours I should always try to remember that somewhere
someone has created a work-around for the shortcomings in almost all Office
tools, and others. Another link to add to my list!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

After reading the info Jerry posted for you, if you still need/want your sizes
in cm or mm have a look at Ole's site.

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in
mm(25.4mm/inch) for a more finite fit....................

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:02:29 GMT, "Vasu" <u40996@uwe wrote:

I want to adjust the Row & Column width in the form of Centimeters.

How can do this One? I could not find anywhere that option.

Plz.. Give me the solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're right about, somewhere, someone has built a work-around.

As far as keeping the link, I went further than that.

I copied Ole's code and the macro into a Module.

Exported that module as a *.bas file so's I can import it anytime I need it.

I've got bazillions of *.bas files hanging around with code collected over the
years. All with descriptive names that on occasion will let me remember what's
in the bas file.

I am a batant plagiarist.

Gord