Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Boolean Operators In search and Replace

Hi

In Column D I have numbers to two decimal places.

I want to change all those below a certain number to a single higher
number. For example , all those less than 3.00 should become 3.00.

Is it possible to do this via the Find and Replace dialogue , or via
some code in a macro?

Any help appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
it is possible with a formula.
add a helper column next to your data.
=IF(F1<3,3,F1) 'change to suit your data.
copy down.
copy the formula column and paste special values
delete the source column (if you want. maybe archive it)
done.

regard
FSt1

"Colin Hayes" wrote:

Hi

In Column D I have numbers to two decimal places.

I want to change all those below a certain number to a single higher
number. For example , all those less than 3.00 should become 3.00.

Is it possible to do this via the Find and Replace dialogue , or via
some code in a macro?

Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , FSt1
writes
hi
it is possible with a formula.
add a helper column next to your data.
=IF(F1<3,3,F1) 'change to suit your data.
copy down.
copy the formula column and paste special values
delete the source column (if you want. maybe archive it)
done.

regard
FSt1

Hi

OK Thanks for that. It worked fine.

As a refinement , could the formula be adapted to work within a range of
numbers? So , in this example , those numbers between 2 and 3 might be
made up to 3?

Thanks again

Best Wishes.

"Colin Hayes" wrote:

Hi

In Column D I have numbers to two decimal places.

I want to change all those below a certain number to a single higher
number. For example , all those less than 3.00 should become 3.00.

Is it possible to do this via the Find and Replace dialogue , or via
some code in a macro?

Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
this might work....
=IF(F1<=2,F1,IF(F1<3,3,F1))

regards
FSt1

"Colin Hayes" wrote:

Hi

In Column D I have numbers to two decimal places.

I want to change all those below a certain number to a single higher
number. For example , all those less than 3.00 should become 3.00.

Is it possible to do this via the Find and Replace dialogue , or via
some code in a macro?

Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , FSt1