Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gr gr is offline

Default Indirect and Sum across Multiple Sheets

I have been hunting for a way to do this for a few hours now. It
appears that this combination is only good on 2d ranges, not 3d. But
I'll ask again anyway.

I have a formula that works fine
=SUM(Start:End!F181)

But what I want to do is change the 181 value (or possibly the F181)
to a variable that will be stored in a cell on the same sheet as this
formula. (which is a totals page)

Is this possible?

TIA
Guy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the full list of sheet names in M1:Mn, and use

=SUMPRODUCT(N(INDIRECT(M1:Mn&"!"&E1)))

obviously replace n by the number of sheets.

--
---
HTH

Bob