Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 duplicate icons for different commands

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/953/iconsxg8.jpg

The first "green dot" is Paste Values

The second "green dot" is Clear Contents

Brilliant!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Biff

I get a Green dot for Clear Contents, but a normal Paste icon with the
Clipboard for Paste Special.
Using SP1

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"T. Valko" wrote in message
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/953/iconsxg8.jpg

The first "green dot" is Paste Values

The second "green dot" is Clear Contents

Brilliant!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Biff

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

When you create a add-in you can change the icons of the things you want in your QAT
Not so easy but I try to explain it here

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"T. Valko" wrote in message ...
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/953/iconsxg8.jpg

The first "green dot" is Paste Values

The second "green dot" is Clear Contents

Brilliant!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Ron!

You've done a lot of good work with this new version.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/953/iconsxg8.jpg

The first "green dot" is Paste Values

The second "green dot" is Clear Contents

Brilliant!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Roger

Click on the arrow of the paste button
Right click on formulas, Paste values, no borders, transpose .......

All use the same green icon

--

"T. Valko" wrote in message
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/953/iconsxg8.jpg

The first "green dot" is Paste Values

The second "green dot" is Clear Contents

Brilliant!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Quite right Ron.
I missed the point that Biff was making, and had read it as Paste Special.

Sorry Biff, I should have realized you wouldn't have got it wrong!!! <vbg

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"T. Valko" wrote in message
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/953/iconsxg8.jpg

The first "green dot" is Paste Values

The second "green dot" is Clear Contents

Brilliant!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is what I don't like about GUI's.

Just looking at those "green dots" you have no idea what they represent. You
can do a mouse over to get the context description but that seems to be
redundant. I mean, isn't that why there's an icon in the first place, to
replace the need for a context menu?

I prefer text commands over icons!

Bring back DOS! <bg

--