Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert 5 Rows

I am sure this is an easy one for the MVP's...I need to insert 5 rows after
each rowin a worksheet that has 70 rows. Each Row currently has data, we
need to add data between each row. Also, we need to do this for antoher
sheet that has a different number of rows than 70.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This could be done with a macro I'm sure but
it can also be done with a helper column and a sort.

Insert a column and number each row with the series 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26
etc
just enter the first two 1 and 6 and extend down.
Then enter the series 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 from row 71 onwards
extend it down till you have more than 350

do a sort of the data using this column.
--
Greetings from New Zealand

"Matt" wrote in message
I am sure this is an easy one for the MVP's...I need to insert 5 rows after
each rowin a worksheet that has 70 rows. Each Row currently has data, we
need to add data between each row. Also, we need to do this for antoher
sheet that has a different number of rows than 70.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think this macro does what you want...

Sub InsertFiveRows()
Dim X As Long, Z As Long
On Error GoTo FixScreen
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With ActiveSheet
For X = .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
For Z = 0 To 4
.Cells(X + Z, 1).EntireRow.Insert xlShiftDown
Next
Next
End With
FixScreen:
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Rick

"Matt" wrote in message
I am sure this is an easy one for the MVP's...I need to insert 5 rows after
each rowin a worksheet that has 70 rows. Each Row currently has data, we
need to add data between each row. Also, we need to do this for antoher
sheet that has a different number of rows than 70.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this
Sub insertfiverows()
mcc = "a"
For i = Cells(Rows.count, mcc).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
Cells(i, mcc).Resize(5).EntireRow.Insert
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Matt" wrote in message
I am sure this is an easy one for the MVP's...I need to insert 5 rows after
each rowin a worksheet that has 70 rows. Each Row currently has data, we
need to add data between each row. Also, we need to do this for antoher
sheet that has a different number of rows than 70.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In a helper column, number down 1-70, then below that 5 more times, now
sort the sheet on that column, you will have data then 5 blank rows. Do
the same with what ever number of rows you have 1-xx.