Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change data on number change

I have a table that has data in it. I would like to be able to change the
Column number and the Row Number to change what displays in A4. Is there an
easy way to do this? If I would type in Column 4 row 10 I would get Test7 in
A4 Thanks! Jeff

A B C D
1 Column 1
2 Row 8
3
4 Test 1
5
6
7
8 Test 2 Test5
9 Test3 Test6
10 Test4 Test7

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way
Put in A4: =IF(COUNT(B1:B2)<2,"",OFFSET($A$1,B2-1,B1-1))
--
Max
Singapore
"Jeff" wrote:
I have a table that has data in it. I would like to be able to change the
Column number and the Row Number to change what displays in A4. Is there an
easy way to do this? If I would type in Column 4 row 10 I would get Test7 in
A4 Thanks! Jeff

A B C D
1 Column 1
2 Row 8
3
4 Test 1
5
6
7
8 Test 2 Test5
9 Test3 Test6
10 Test4 Test7

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Put in A4: =IF(COUNT(B1:B2)<2,"",OFFSET($A$1,B2-1,B1-1))
Inputs assumed in B1: Column#, in B2: Row#
(as you indicated in your posting)
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"Jeff" wrote:
That works very well. Thank you!

Welcome. Pl click the "Yes" button below.

Also if I would like to put the data on a
separate sheet how can I do that?

No problem, if the data is in Sheet2 ..

In Sheet1, with the col/row inputs in B1:B2 as before,
you just use:
=IF(COUNT(B1:B2)<2,"",OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,B2-1,B1-1))