Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link comments

Can comments be linked? ie I have a cell in a workbook that is linked to a
cell in another workbook. The contents are linked, but is there a way to
link the comments? - in Excel 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not without visual basic
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766

"vernors" wrote:

Can comments be linked? ie I have a cell in a workbook that is linked to a
cell in another workbook. The contents are linked, but is there a way to
link the comments? - in Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the cell with the comment were on a worksheet that was in the same
workbook--or if the other workbook were open, you could use a user defined
function to return the value and comment.

But if that sending workbook is closed, I don't think it's possible.

Maybe you could put the comment in an adjacent cell and retrieve that, too???

vernors wrote:

Can comments be linked? ie I have a cell in a workbook that is linked to a
cell in another workbook. The contents are linked, but is there a way to
link the comments? - in Excel 2003

--

Dave Peterson