Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Extracting unique values from a list using VBA

Hi there (again),

Another challenge:

Is there a way using VBA to extract all the unique values from a
source coulmn and paste them to a target column?

I know you can do it using autofilter and pivottables but the former
is time consuming and the latter inelegant.

Thanks

Duncan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, it is possible. All you need to do is record a macro while you do
it once, then you can re-run the macro whenever you need it. You may
need to edit the macro, once recorded, to enable it to work with
variable amounts of data etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 25, 2:45*pm, dangerd wrote:
Hi there (again),

Another challenge:

Is there a way using VBA to extract all the unique values from a
source coulmn and paste them to a target column?

I know you can do it using autofilter and pivottables but the former
is time consuming and the latter inelegant.

Thanks

Duncan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 25, 2:49*pm, Pete_UK wrote:
Yes, it is possible. All you need to do is record a macro while you do
it once, then you can re-run the macro whenever you need it. You may
need to edit the macro, once recorded, to enable it to work with
variable amounts of data etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 25, 2:45*pm, dangerd wrote:

Hi there (again),

Another challenge:

Is there a way using VBA to extract all the unique values from a
source coulmn and paste them to a target column?

I know you can do it using autofilter and pivottables but the former
is time consuming and the latter inelegant.

Thanks

Duncan- Hide quoted text -

so simple....thx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome.

Pete

so simple....thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add headers if you need to.
Then use Data|Filter|advanced filter (xl2003 menus)

Record a macro when you do it and you'll have the code.

Debra Dalgleish explains it he
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

--

Dave Peterson