Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula

I'm new to Excel and I'm trying to print packing slips for orders. I would
like to enter the whole order and have excell separate the order by quantity
and print a seperate packing slip for every 120 units bought. I'm not sure
this is something excell can do or do I need a different program?

Thanks for any help with this,
Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This looks like something Excel with some VBA coding should be able to handle
relatively easily. But there is a lot of unknown info for us at this end -
such as are all orders to go to the same place? Are we talking about a
single item as a unit? That is, is someone going to order 1200 widgits and
we need to create 10 packing slips, or could they be ordering 600 widgits,
300 gidgets and 300 gadgets and there's more to be done?

That kind of thing.

The basic process I'd suggest is probably to either have a 'master' packing
slip to enter all required information onto as a single worksheet along with
a button to activate a macro that would look at the quantity on that sheet
and generate the necessary smaller packing slips on other sheets in the
workbook. Would help to see what we're working with here. A UserForm could
be used instead of the master worksheet.

If you want, feel free to contact me via email with sample workbook attached
at (remove spaces) HelpFrom @ JLathamsite.com

"frosty" wrote:

I'm new to Excel and I'm trying to print packing slips for orders. I would
like to enter the whole order and have excell separate the order by quantity
and print a seperate packing slip for every 120 units bought. I'm not sure
this is something excell can do or do I need a different program?

Thanks for any help with this,
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Follow On Information:
frosty has contacted me and given me a sample Excel workbook. To me, it
appears to definitely be a task for VBA code:
A single sheet has multiple products listed, with quantities to be shipped
that can be any integer value, including zero. Each has been assigned what
can be thought of as a weight or size value, and the concept is that a pallet
can contain a total of 1200 size/weight units. So 120 units with a
size/weight value of 10 will fill a single pallet.

The task is to take all of the units to be shipped and divide it up into
groups that come up to 1200 size/weight units and print a packing slip to
show what's on that pallet. This will sometimes involve splitting a single
product across 2 or more pallets, and sometimes mixing several products on a
single pallet.

So, frosty and I will be working on this off-line...