Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
C C is offline

Default Reverse + and - signs

I have a sheet that I need to show my negatives as positives and vice versa.
Is there a function that can perform this for me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Multiply by -1.

You can do this in place by using Paste Special, as in:

Enter -1 into a cell.
Copy it.
Highlight the range you want to change.
Use EditPaste Special...Multiply

Regards,
Fred

"C" wrote in message
I have a sheet that I need to show my negatives as positives and vice
versa.
Is there a function that can perform this for me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not a built in function. traditionally this is usually accomplished by
simple multipling by a negative one. say your number are in column A.
=A1*-1
if 5 were in A1, the formula would return -5, thus changing the sign of the
number from positive to negative and vice versa.

Regards
FSt1

"C" wrote:

I have a sheet that I need to show my negatives as positives and vice versa.
Is there a function that can perform this for me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean for just the entries you have (making the assumption that all
future entries will be correctly signed) or do you mean something to correct
all future entries (because they will continue to be entered with the wrong
sign) or both?

Rick

"C" wrote in message
I have a sheet that I need to show my negatives as positives and vice
versa.
Is there a function that can perform this for me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Multiply everything by -1.

Enter -1 in a cell.
Right click in that cell and choose "Copy".
Select the cells you wish to change.
Right click in that selection and choose "Paste Special".
Then, click on "Multiply", then <OK, then <Esc.

Clear the cell with the -1.
--

HTH,

RD