Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to find valuce that equal a sum

To all
I'm using Excel 2003. I have a range of values that I need to find a
combined total to a specific sum for. Example: The total amount I have is
$400 but I have a range of values in 1 column that could equal $400. I need
a formual that would show me which values they could be.

Thanks
c3msmlr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

that would have to be a VB routine, I would think. How many values do you
have? The number of combinations to check for the sum would be the factorial
of it.
for example, 20 values = 20! = 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 different
combinations to check.
Someone please check my math!

"c3msmlr" wrote:

To all
I'm using Excel 2003. I have a range of values that I need to find a
combined total to a specific sum for. Example: The total amount I have is
$400 but I have a range of values in 1 column that could equal $400. I need
a formual that would show me which values they could be.

Thanks
c3msmlr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use Solver. See:

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/te...olver_Template
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766

"c3msmlr" wrote:

To all
I'm using Excel 2003. I have a range of values that I need to find a
combined total to a specific sum for. Example: The total amount I have is
$400 but I have a range of values in 1 column that could equal $400. I need
a formual that would show me which values they could be.

Thanks
c3msmlr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's a link to a thread that discussed the problem:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5d2d987b?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Pete