eric g

Default Filterable online inventory w/out Office 2003 Web Components?

Hello. A friend has requested that I try to help put up a simple online
inventory. This involves disaster relief, I believe for ADRA, who works with
the Red Cross. He has Excel, so I'd like to show him how to publish a
spreadsheet to the web (that's easy enough) with auto-filtering capability
(herein lies the problem). Only one person will be making changes, everyone
else that needs to access the spreadsheet only needs to be able to view it.
I know that the auto-filtering works well with Office 2003 Web Components,
but some of the people who need to access this web page may not have Office
2003 and may not have any version of Office at all. The filtering
capability is necessary, because with categories such as food and clothing,
and so many different items within each category, people will need to be
able to filter out what they don't need to see.

I've scoured the web for web spreadsheet tools and can only find
ultra-expensive web applications and servers that are overkill. This is
basically just a simple online database that only one person will update,
but it must be filterable. Please advise. Thank you.