Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Apply format to row if yes response

Hi
I have a list of records that if there is a response in one cell that
the row is formatted differently.

For example

My record is in A3:AG3 and in P3 there is a yes/no validation list.
If the answer is yes I would like to have the record formatted to
bright red & bold.

Can anyone help. I have tried to do it in conditional formatting but
I must be missing something.
cheers
Debbie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would do it like that:

Select your rows A:AG
(Maybe you don't need row 1, but I don't know that)

go to format, conditional formatting...
select formula and enter:
=$P3="yes"

the $ is the important part :)

then choose your format and hit ok

hth
Carlo

On Jan 23, 10:43*am, DebbieV wrote:
Hi
I have a list of records that if there is a response in one cell that
the row is formatted differently.

For example

My record is in A3:AG3 and in P3 there is a yes/no validation list.
If the answer is yes I would like to have the record formatted to
bright red & bold.

Can anyone help. *I have tried to do it in conditional formatting but
I must be missing something.
cheers
Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Forgot something:

the number of the row needs to be the same as the active cell of the
selection.
(In your selected range you see a cell, that has a different color,
this is the active cell, the formula will start there)
Usually the upper left corner of your selection is active, so probably
you need to enter =$P2="yes"

hth
Carlo

On Jan 23, 10:48*am, carlo wrote:
[...]