Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kev Kev is offline

Default Check box formulaes and linking.

I have managed to grasp how to use a checkbox. I am attempting to create a
virtual register for a pre-school. A tick in a checkbox stands for a value
ie a fee. Is it possible to then link the linked cells to say one of three
cells that stand for a monetary value for example one would be £5, another
£10 and another £2.50. Then also is it possible to make it recognise how
many sessions the child has attended as this determines the monetary value
that is relevant. For example each check box equits to one am or pm session
at the pre-school, of which is chargeable, but if the child is of a certain
age it gets government funding, but for only 5 2.5hr sessions a week, so if
the child attends 10 times then I need it to recognise that and calculate how
many sessions the child has attended and whether they were am or pm to give
me a monetary value to charge the parent. The problem I have is that the am
and pm sessions last a different length of time so have a different monetary
value and then there is the issue if they are funded or not. I hope this
makes sense.

I am running XP.