Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default loop a list with the IF formula

My list allows 30 names from A7:A36 (this list should be copied to row B,
with a looping effect)
But if not all 30 cells are filled in (may only have 10 voulunteers to do a
job), how do I ust the formula IF the cell in the next row is empty, then
go to the top cell and start over ( this is what I have so far, but it does
not work as a loop and repeat the first entries over and over, regardless of
if there is two or more entries) =IF(A8="",A7,IF(A8=A7,A7,A8))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you post an example of what you're trying to do?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP