Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link Excel S/Sheet cells to Table in Word document

Hi,

I'm trying to populate a table in Word by linking it dynamically to an Excel
s/sheet.
When I change inputs on the s/sheet then the table should be updated in Word.
Any help appreciated...

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chris

From Word Help on "link to Excel" and "Insert information by creating a linked
object or embedded object"

Open both the Microsoft Word document and the Microsoft Excel worksheet that
contains the data you want to create a linked object or embedded object from.
Switch to Microsoft Excel, and then select the entire worksheet, a range of
cells, or the chart you want.
Click Copy .
Switch to the Word document, and then click where you want the information to
appear.
On the Edit menu, click Paste Special.
To link or embed the object, do one of the following:
To create a linked object, click Paste link.
To create an embedded object, click Paste.
In the As box, click the entry with the word "object" in its name. For example,
click Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:22:00 -0800, Chris Gorham
wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to populate a table in Word by linking it dynamically to an Excel
s/sheet.
When I change inputs on the s/sheet then the table should be updated in Word.
Any help appreciated...

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chris,