Mark

Default square root function in excel (roots greater than 12)

Hello,

I am currently undertaking some statistical analysis in excel but have
encountered a data problem, my data is annual, and i need it monthly, hence
need to take the 12th root of the numbers, but this doesnt seem available in
excel, can you please advise

kind regards

tjtjjtjt

How about:
=YourNumber^(1/12)

or

=POWER(YourNumber,1/12)

tj

"Mark" wrote:

Hello,

I am currently undertaking some statistical analysis in excel but have
encountered a data problem, my data is annual, and i need it monthly, hence
need to take the 12th root of the numbers, but this doesnt seem available in
excel, can you please advise

kind regards

Sandy Mann

Mark,

The root of a number in XL is the reciprocal of the root that you want ie
=YourNumber^(1/12)

Please do not multi-post to different newsgroups it is not encouraged for
various reasons

Regards

Sandy

--