Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date / formula problem

Please help. Can this be done? On WS 1, there is lookup criteria in
cell A2, a date in cell D2 and another date in cell I2. On WS 2,
there is a table with the lookup criteria in cells A2 thru A9. I
would like a formula to add the number of months from a cell in the
table on WS2 (vlookup) to the date in cells D2 and I2, compare the
two, and then return the date that is later.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Short on detail, but I think it is going to be something like:

=MAX(DATE(YEAR(D2),MONTH(D2)+your_lookup,DAY(D2)), I2)

where your_lookup will be of the form:

VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A2:B9,2,0)

This assumes the formula is in WS 1 - if not, then you'll need to
include the sheet reference with D2 and I2.

Hope this helps.

Pete