Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PA PA is offline

Default Lotus 123 (wk4)

When I try to open a *.wk4 file in Excel 2003, I get the following message
"You are attempting to open a file type that is blocked by your registry
polici setting".

I used to be ble to open these before.

How can I do so?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a new feature introduced with Office 2003 SP3. Install this REG
file:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...blockExcel.reg

To read more about it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810/en-us

--
Jim
"PA" wrote in message
| When I try to open a *.wk4 file in Excel 2003, I get the following message
| "You are attempting to open a file type that is blocked by your registry
| polici setting".
|
| I used to be ble to open these before.
|
| How can I do so?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I don't have a lotus program installed in my PC.
Can I use excel 2003 to open lotus 123 wk4 files.
If this is possible please show me how to do this.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi FSt1.
When I try to open *.wk1 (or 2, 3 & 4) files, I get message "You are
attempting to open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy
setting".

How can I change this policy setting, please? I am running Vista Business.

From a very exasperated user!