cassie

Default i need to create an invioce in EXCEL and then send it into a WORD.

I usually work most of the time in word. I now need to create an invioce
template in excel and then attach it to my word document before I save it in
a file as one document. how do i do this? So my work would go as follows:
create letter in WORD - then raise invioce in EXCEL then save to file as one
document...
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

You enter your invoice data (data for any number of invoices can be entered)
into Excel table (It's easier later, when you have invoices database on 1st,
i.e. leftmost sheet of workbook. And your table must have headers as top
row - headers must be in single row, and better no cell merging is used).
Save the table.

In Word, invoke Mail Merge feature (from menu select Tools.MailMerge).
Create Main Document, and select your Excel table as datasource (you have to
change file type in file open dialog).

Design your mail merge main document, using fields from Excel table to
insert variable data. Any fixed text you can enter directly. Almost all Word
document design features are for you available.

Whe your main document is designed accordingly your needs, select Merge, set
merge options, determine the output (Word document, printer, e-mail, fax),
and process merge. Accordingly what you set in previous step, one or several
electronic or paper documents, mails or faxes are generated - a separate
document for every processed row in Excel table.

Save your main document under some reconizable name. When opened next time,
the Excel table is opened too, and you can generate next set of documents -
you can recreate previous documents, or you create new documents based on
new data, entered meanwhile into table.

Arvi Laanemets