Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to change height of cells in Column A only. How..?

--
Ctrl-Alt-Del signing off
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can only change the height of entire rows, and the width of entire
columns. How do you propose to take up the slack?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Ctrl-Alt-Del" wrote in message

Ctrl-Alt-Del signing off

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't.
The height applies across a whole row, just as the width applies down a
whole column.
--
David Biddulph

"Ctrl-Alt-Del" wrote in message

Ctrl-Alt-Del signing off

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Jon and David are right, as far as regular Excel is concerned.......but if
you really NEED to do it, you can build a helper column A on another sheet
with the taller rows, and Copy Ctrl-Shift-Edit PastePictureLink it to
your first sheet, overlaying the regular column A cells (turn their
background white to eliminate the gridlines). Any changes in the helper
cells will be reflected to the new location. It's some hassle, and may not
be worthn the effore, but it "is" possible.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Ctrl-Alt-Del" wrote:

--
Ctrl-Alt-Del signing off

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That works, but if alignment is important, it might become impossible to
maintain.

Another workaround which I hesitated to suggest is merging cells. If you
want A1 to be twice as tall as B1:IV1 and B2:IV1, simply merge A1 and A2.
Merged cells can wreak havoc on a worksheet, but used sparingly on someone
else's worksheets, they might not be too bad.

- Jon
-------

"Ctrl-Alt-Del" wrote:

--