Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel keeps copying formulas into other cells!!

I have a spreadsheet in which I am pulling data from some cells into others
(i.e., a simple "=C24"). The problem is that, when I enter data into the
cells, if there are more than 3 consecutive cells that pull from another
column then Excel copies the pattern and applies it to the cells below the 3
consecutive ones. For instance, I have "=C20" in E20, "=C21" in E21, "=C22"
in E22, "=C23" in G23, "=C24" in F24, & "=C25" in F25; HOWEVER, once I start
inputting data, Excel automatically puts "=C23", "=C24", & "=C25" in cells
E23 thru E25 even though the data is already being sent to the cells in the F
& G columns! I've tried doing a clear all in the cells that are being
auto-inserted with formulas, but once I enter new data, the formulas are
copied again if there are more than 3 consecutive cells with the same
formula. Why?? I hope someone knows, never had this problem w/other
versions of Excel...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsEdit tab, Uncheck "Extend data range formats and formulas"

In Excel 2007:
click the Office button (large round top left),Excel Options, Advanced tab, Uncheck "extend.... etc

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"2007Officesux" wrote in message
|I have a spreadsheet in which I am pulling data from some cells into others
| (i.e., a simple "=C24"). The problem is that, when I enter data into the
| cells, if there are more than 3 consecutive cells that pull from another
| column then Excel copies the pattern and applies it to the cells below the 3
| consecutive ones. For instance, I have "=C20" in E20, "=C21" in E21, "=C22"
| in E22, "=C23" in G23, "=C24" in F24, & "=C25" in F25; HOWEVER, once I start
| inputting data, Excel automatically puts "=C23", "=C24", & "=C25" in cells
| E23 thru E25 even though the data is already being sent to the cells in the F
| & G columns! I've tried doing a clear all in the cells that are being
| auto-inserted with formulas, but once I enter new data, the formulas are
| copied again if there are more than 3 consecutive cells with the same
| formula. Why?? I hope someone knows, never had this problem w/other
| versions of Excel...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

YOU ROCK!!! That was driving me crazy...

Thank you so much!! :)