Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenate and empty cell

I am trying to use concatenate to put together 3 cells only if another cell
has data in it. If E9 is blank then the formula would leave a blank cell
otherwise it will concatenate the data that is in H9,I9,J9,K9. I have tried
differing formulas using IF and cannot get it to work.

Fish
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
this works...
=IF(E9="","",H9&I9&J9&K9)

if you want spaces....
=IF(E9="","",H9&" "&I9&" "&J9&" "&K9)

regards
FSt1

"Fish" wrote:

I am trying to use concatenate to put together 3 cells only if another cell
has data in it. If E9 is blank then the formula would leave a blank cell
otherwise it will concatenate the data that is in H9,I9,J9,K9. I have tried
differing formulas using IF and cannot get it to work.

Fish

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much, I had tried many different ways using IF and Concatenate
and could get it to leave the cell blank but never put the data together.

Thanks again,

Fish

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
this works...
=IF(E9="","",H9&I9&J9&K9)

if you want spaces....
=IF(E9="","",H9&" "&I9&" "&J9&" "&K9)

regards
FSt1

"Fish" wrote:

I am trying to use concatenate to put together 3 cells only if another cell
has data in it. If E9 is blank then the formula would leave a blank cell
otherwise it will concatenate the data that is in H9,I9,J9,K9. I have tried
differing formulas using IF and cannot get it to work.

Fish

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your example puts four cellls together, not three. Anyhow:

=IF(E9="","",H9 & I9 & J9 & K9)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200765

"Fish" wrote:

I am trying to use concatenate to put together 3 cells only if another cell
has data in it. If E9 is blank then the formula would leave a blank cell
otherwise it will concatenate the data that is in H9,I9,J9,K9. I have tried
differing formulas using IF and cannot get it to work.

Fish

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=+IF(E90,H9&J9&K9&L9,"")
This should concatenate cells H9,J9,K9, and L9 only if E9 has a value
greater than zero. You would have to change this is E9 could have negative
numbers.

Thanks,
Chuck