Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vista - can't download Template Wizard with Data tracking?

Hi,
I want to use the origninal Template Wizard with Data Tracking 'Add-in' for
Excel.
I can find a download, can download it, but whatever I try I can't persuade
it to end up in the Add In section. I'm assuming it's a Vista compatability
issue.
Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you downloaded the executable from the MS site?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873209/en-us

When you run the TMPLWIZ.EXE it does its thing but you can't find the
WZTEMPLT.XLA ?

Same thing happens with Excel 2003.

See this google search thread before proceeding.

http://tinyurl.com/2uxmud

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:09:01 -0800, Siouxzana
wrote:

Hi,
I want to use the origninal Template Wizard with Data Tracking 'Add-in' for
Excel.
I can find a download, can download it, but whatever I try I can't persuade
it to end up in the Add In section. I'm assuming it's a Vista compatability
issue.
Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, yep, downloaded the exec, etc. same problem as Elizabeth had -
no sign of WZTEMPLT.XLA anywhere - did you manage to sort it out?
(replaced the AT&DOT - didn't work?)
cheers, Siouxzana

wrote:

Hi,
I want to use the origninal Template Wizard with Data Tracking 'Add-in' for
Excel.
I can find a download, can download it, but whatever I try I can't persuade
it to end up in the Add In section. I'm assuming it's a Vista compatability
issue.
Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, I have received your email.

Just now sent you you a copy of the add-in by return email.

Gord

wrote:

Hi,
I want to use the origninal Template Wizard with Data Tracking 'Add-in' for
Excel.
I can find a download, can download it, but whatever I try I can't persuade
it to end up in the Add In section. I'm assuming it's a Vista compatability
issue.
Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I got your message...not sure if it was aimed at me or Gord.
If he doesn't reply to you directly, let me have your email and I'll try and
forward what I have....must confess though, I never used it...gave up and
bought MS Office 2007 which has 'Access' the 'proper' database
package...easier for me to start again. let me know. Sioux

wrote:

Hi,
I want to use the origninal Template Wizard with Data Tracking 'Add-in' for
Excel.
I can find a download, can download it, but whatever I try I can't persuade
it to end up in the Add In section. I'm assuming it's a Vista compatability
issue.
Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have placed the file on the 'net