Excel Tab Name

Default Entering a company name on the tab

Hi

I am trying to create a tab that when I open Excel and
click File New I will be able to see / General /
Spreadsheet Solutions / Ashfield / I am using Excel
2000 - I know I did this before on 97 but can't remember
how. I find it useful for customers who would like to
store their own templates in their own area.

Thanks a million for any help in advance

Ann
Gord Dibben

Ann

What do you consider to be the "Tab"?

A worksheet Tab name or the Caption you see in the Title Bar?

For the former, just create a workbook with that sheet name and save as a
Template.

For the latter, you will need VBA code to set the Caption Name when the
workbook opens.

Again, you would require a Template with Workbook_Open code like this...

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Caption = "/General/Spreadsheet Solutions/Ashfield/"
ActiveWindow.Caption = ""
End Sub

You can reset it in the Auto_close code.

If you leave it blank, it will default to "Microsoft Excel"

Application.Caption = ""
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.Name
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP