Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Sort Function

Hi,

I am working with a spreadsheet of over 5000 lines at the moment. It is a
list of ink cartridges and there corresponding printers. Now we are looking
to sort/filter the list based on what cartridges they use. For example:

Printer Cart
abc 12
abc 13
def 12
def 14
ghi 12
ghi 14

so we then want to know which printers use cart 12 & 13. We do not want it
show any that may use the 12 & 14 or any other cobinations, just the two that
we have selected.

If this is possible, would it also be possible to use the same feature to
work on printers that take 54 cartridges etc?

Many thanks,

Jamie @ Fuzion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataAutofilter will do that for you.

Select the column, apply the filter, then click the dropdown and select the
Custom options. The rest should be obvious.

--
---
HTH

Bob

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

I am not sure if I am missing something, but this does not work for me. Ot
may be easier if I emailed you the spreadsheet so you can see what I am
trying to do. If you dont mind having a quick look, email me at
jamie'at'fuzionsystems'dot'co'dot'uk.

Cheers