Helpme

Default Hidden Cells

How do you total the number of cells in a column without includnig the hidden
cells in the same column?
Trevor Shuttleworth

If the cells are hidden as a result of filtering, you could use something
like:

=SUBTOTAL(9,A2:A8)

If you have manually hidden the rows, I don't know how you achieve what you
want

Regards

Trevor

"Helpme" wrote in message
How do you total the number of cells in a column without includnig the
hidden
cells in the same column?

Gord Dibben

Trevor and Helpme.

If rows are manually hidden, upgrade to Excel 2003 which has an added SUBTOTAL
Function for this.

e.g. =SUBTOTAL(109,A1:A100) ignores cells in hidden rows.

The SUBTOTAL(9, range) still works for filtered rows.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Helpme" wrote in message
How do you total the number of cells in a column without includnig the
hidden
cells in the same column?

Trevor Shuttleworth

Gord

thanks for this advice. I'm using Excel 2003 ... I just didn't know about
this option. So much to learn, so little time !

Thanks

Trevor