-   -   Unnaming cells already named (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/172776-unnaming-cells-already-named.html)

Learning Excel

Unnaming cells already named

I was wondering if someone knows how to "unname" (or delete the name) a range
of cells I gave a name (1st mistake) and then saved it ( 2nd mistake).
Thanks for helping.

--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''t even know, I don''''t

FSt1

Unnaming cells already named

hi
on the menu bar....
Insertnamedefine.
high light the roque name, click delete button, click ok.
done

regards
FSt1

"Learning Excel" wrote:

I was wondering if someone knows how to "unname" (or delete the name) a range
of cells I gave a name (1st mistake) and then saved it ( 2nd mistake).
Thanks for helping.

--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''t even know, I don''''t
know nothing.

Learning Excel

Unnaming cells already named

Thanks FST1, exactly my solution.
--

"Learning Excel" wrote:

I was wondering if someone knows how to "unname" (or delete the name) a range
of cells I gave a name (1st mistake) and then saved it ( 2nd mistake).
Thanks for helping.

--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''t even know, I don''''t
know nothing.

FSt1

Unnaming cells already named

hi
you're welcome.
glad to help

Regards
FSt1

"Learning Excel" wrote:

I was wondering if someone knows how to "unname" (or delete the name) a range
of cells I gave a name (1st mistake) and then saved it ( 2nd mistake).
Thanks for helping.

--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''t even know, I don''''t
know nothing.

Bob[_13_]

Unnaming cells already named

You can copy and paste a blank cell.

"Learning Excel" wrote:

I was wondering if someone knows how to "unname" (or delete the name) a
range
of cells I gave a name (1st mistake) and then saved it ( 2nd mistake).
Thanks for helping.

--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''t even know, I don''''t
know nothing.

Jon Peltier

Unnaming cells already named

That only clears the contents of the named cell. The cell retains its name.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Learning Excel" wrote:

I was wondering if someone knows how to "unname" (or delete the name) a
range
of cells I gave a name (1st mistake) and then saved it ( 2nd mistake).
Thanks for helping.

--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''t even know, I don''''t
know nothing.

Bob[_13_]

Unnaming cells already named

Yep, you're right.