Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I Need To Alter My Password In Excel Protect Sheet

Can someone please tell me how to alter my "password" I have made it too long
and keep messing it up It's only in an Excel "Protect Sheet" situation at
home in Office 2007 Excel Student and Home Use??? Thank's whilst hoping Dasha
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't protect your sheet or use a password. Why would you want to? You seem
to be working at home. You and you alone. If you need to protect your sheet
and you use a password, write it on a piece of paper, take it to your bank
and put it in your safe deposit box. Then when you need it, go to the bank
and get it. Just kidding of course! :).

Tyro

"Dasha" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how to alter my "password" I have made it too
long
and keep messing it up It's only in an Excel "Protect Sheet" situation at
home in Office 2007 Excel Student and Home Use??? Thank's whilst hoping
Dasha

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Providing you know your existing password, just unprotect the sheet using
that password.

Then when you protect again, give a new password.
If it is only for yourself, to prevent accidental overwriting of formulae or
other cell contents, then don't bother to give a password at all - it's
optional.
Just right click on sheet tabProtect SheetOK

If you have lost your password, there are plenty of tools available to
unprotect sheets with a password. It is not something that is totally
secure.
If you need to do this, then go to J E McGimpsey's site
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

--

Regards
Roger Govier