Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding ongoing text to different Worksheets

I need to add text from one worksheet to another worksheet. I have the
follwing formula, which does not work - =IF(AF29'Deal (1)'!AF29,C3,'Deal
(1)'!AG29)

AF is a numerical number that could increase if P29 is "No." This is the
formula in Cell AF: =COUNTIF(P29,"No")+'Deal (1)'!AF29

Here it is in words:
If P29 increases from the previous worksheet, then the answer is a text
answer (In this case, what is in C3). I can get it to do that, but I need it
to add the text answer from the first worksheet to the answer in the current
worksheet, separated by a comma if possible.

So, on worksheet One, If P29 is "No", then the answer is "Commonwealth." On
Worksheet Two, If P29 is "No", then the answer should be "Commonwealth,
Tribute." The deal name changes on each worksheet, so the string of names
would increase on each new worksheet created.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you wish to add text strings from A1 and A2 together (with a comma and
space between), try
=CONCATENATE(A1,", ",A2) or
=A1&", "&A2
--
David Biddulph

"heater" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I need the formula to incorporate a drop down list, which the drop down is
either "No", "Yes", or the cell is balnk. The following formula works if the
drop down is "No" - =IF(P29="No",CONCATENATE('Deal (1)'!AG29,", ",C3,))

However, when the drop down is "Yes", the answer is "FALSE." I have tried
the following: =IF(P29="No",CONCATENATE('Deal (1)'!AG29,",
",C3,IF(P29="Yes",'Deal (1)'!AG29))), but it gives the answer with a "FALSE"
response added to the two text answers and IF the Drop down is "Yes", then
the answer is only "FALSE"