Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I round up to the nearest Dollar in Excel??

I need to know (in layman's terms) how to roundup in excel. I already have
a simple formula in a cell =(D2*.80) The answer is 6806.4. I need that
number to round up the nearest dollar, or 6807. This simple (for some of
you) is been a beast for me and will be used in numerous cells and
spreadsheets. I cannot figure out what I'm missing!

THANKS for any help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JEV JEV is offline

=ROUNDup(D2*.80,0)

I think that will do it. Give it a try. Just ROUND will follow the over or
under .50 rule to round up or down.

"wolvina" wrote:

I need to know (in layman's terms) how to roundup in excel. I already have
a simple formula in a cell =(D2*.80) The answer is 6806.4. I need that
number to round up the nearest dollar, or 6807. This simple (for some of
you) is been a beast for me and will be used in numerous cells and
spreadsheets. I cannot figure out what I'm missing!

THANKS for any help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wouldn't that round to the nearest, and give 6806 not 6807, Bob?

Doesn't it need ROUNDUP or CEILING? [Though if the OP says they know how to
roundup I don't know what the question really was.]
--
David Biddulph