Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing envelope - 5 line addresses

I've got a Excel macro that is currently doing an adequate job,
but it is pretty simple. It takes a Range F4:F6 and sends it to
MS Word pasting it into a new document, then automatically
brings up the Print Envelope Dialog with the data populated.
I only have to click the Print button.

I need to expand the simple 3 line scenerio to as much as 5
lines, but only certain addresses require all 5 lines. How would
I begin to allow for this? In Excel or in Word? TIA, Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The usual recommendation for this sort of job is to use Word's mail merge
facility, taking input data from Excel. The usual format of the data in
Excel would have the fields for one address in columns across a row, with
the next address on the next row.
--
David Biddulph

"Jim May" wrote in message
I've got a Excel macro that is currently doing an adequate job,
but it is pretty simple. It takes a Range F4:F6 and sends it to
MS Word pasting it into a new document, then automatically
brings up the Print Envelope Dialog with the data populated.
I only have to click the Print button.

I need to expand the simple 3 line scenerio to as much as 5
lines, but only certain addresses require all 5 lines. How would
I begin to allow for this? In Excel or in Word? TIA, Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks David,
Further, I am wanting to "move-up" say my last line if
Line 3 and 4 are blank for the record. I'll look over in
the Word Newsgroup for more info.

Jim

"Jim May" wrote in message
I've got a Excel macro that is currently doing an adequate job,
but it is pretty simple. It takes a Range F4:F6 and sends it to
MS Word pasting it into a new document, then automatically
brings up the Print Envelope Dialog with the data populated.
I only have to click the Print button.

I need to expand the simple 3 line scenerio to as much as 5
lines, but only certain addresses require all 5 lines. How would
I begin to allow for this? In Excel or in Word? TIA, Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim

When doing the mailmerge in Word you will find the option to ignore blank lines
in source data.

Thus line 5 would "move up" to join lines 1 & 2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP