Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF

hello,
B1 has value, C1 has exchange rate and some time doesn't have so that's why
I am using following formula:
=B1/IF(C1=0,1,C1) "my formula cell is D1"

now what i want that if A1=JMD, B1=any numeric value, C1=any rate, then want
apply exchange rate, and if A1=USD, B1=any numeric value, C1=any rate, then
need as is value of B1 in D1, i means if A1=USD then don't want apply formula
or exchange rate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

As described there are several conditions that you logic will not trap. For
example what if A1 is blank. For those conditions this formula returns
'Unspecified'.

=IF(AND(A1="JMD",ISNUMBER(B1+C1)),B1*C1,IF(A1="USD ",B1,"Unspecified"))

Mike